Dr. Sathiyanathan Nadarajah
Dr. Nadarajah truly believes in the concept of healthy gums, healthy body and healthy smiles. At Perio Implant Centers of Maryland Dr. Nadarajah offers periodontal disease diagnosis and appropriate conservative treatments for his patients. He also offers dental implants treatments as well as treatment for Peri-Implantitis (failing dental implants).
Dr. Nadarajah is extremely caring and kind in manner and is qualified to handle your delicate periodontal procedure with confidence and skill. Dr.Nadarajah is a Periodontist who maintains the highest levels of accreditation and pursues ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in Periodontics and dental Implantology.
His practice concentrates on the conservative treatment of gum disease including specialized interest in soft tissue reconstructive plastic surgery to enhance your smile and dental implants that can replace one or all of your missing teeth. His practice also concentrates on treating patients who have periodontal (gum) disease which may be a contributing factor to diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and osteoporosis. He uses the latest technology and science to regrow bone (regeneration) in the jaws where bone loss was caused by infection from gum disease, loss of teeth, or injury. He is looking forward to building a happy, long-term relationship with his patients and their families, as well as his medical and dental colleagues in Maryland.
Dr. Nadarajah received his Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) degree from Annamalai University in India in 1992. He then completed a year Residency program at the University Hospital in 1993.
In 1995, Dr. Nadarajah completed his externship training program at London King’s College and Guys Dental Institute.
In 1996, Dr. Nadarajah obtained his Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) degree from University Of Pennsylvania School Of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Nadarajah completed his three-year residency program in Periodontics and Dental
Implantology at University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore. He completed his Periodontics literature review training at Department of Periodontics Dental Division at the Naval Hospital Tri-Service Medical School in Bethesda, Maryland. In 1999, Dr. Nadarajah received his Periodontology Residency Postgraduate Certificate from University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore.
Faculty at University of Maryland School of Dentistry:
Dr. Nadarajah is an Assistant Clinical Professor and member of the Dean’s Faculty at the University of Maryland Dental School, Post-Graduate Periodontics Department, where he actively trains the residents in treating different types of periodontal diseases and dental implant treatments.
Awards and Recognition
In the Baltimore Magazine survey in 2013, his peers chose Dr. Nadarajah as top Dentist and Periodontist. In 2014, Consumer’s Research Council of America chose Dr.Nadarajah as a top Dentist
International Lectures and Surgical Demonstration:
Dr. Nadarajah has a passion for teaching and he has been traveling to different parts of the world to teach dentists and dental students different types of periodontal plastic surgery.
- September- 2016 Malaysian Private Dental Association, Kaula Lumpure, Malaysia: Presentation on Diagnosis and treatment of Mucogingival defects.
- September-2016 Saveetha Dental College & Hospital Chennai, India: Presentation to the faculty, dental students and perio residents on Diagnosis and treatment of Mucogingival defects.
- September-2016 Sri Venkateswara Dental College & Hospital Chennai, India: Presentation and surgical demonstration to the faculty, dental students and perio residents on Diagnosis and treatment of Mucogingival defects
- July-2016 Canadian Tamil Medical and Dental Association, Toronto, Canada: Presentation on Diagnosis and treatment of Mucogingival defects.
- April-2015 Rama Dental College & Hospital, Lucknow, India: Presentation and surgical demonstration to the faculty, dental students and perio residents at on Diagnosis and treatment of Mucogingival defects.
- January-2007 Rajah Muthiah Dental College & Hospital, India: Presentation and surgical demonstration to the faculty, dental students and perio residents on Diagnosis of periodontal bony defects and Mucogingival defects.
Dr. Nadarajah is an active member of the following Dental Organization
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Carroll County Dental Association